- In silk with high breathability quality, allowing the body to breathe;
- Good hygroscopicity, due to the fact that the fabric absorbs sweat and evaporates it quickly, excellent thermoregulation and the ability to adapt to the temperature of the human body;
- Wear resistance, which provides silk things with an excellent appearance for decades;
- Hygiene and the ability to protect against the growth of bacteria on the skin or attacks by parasites (lice, dust mites and bed bugs);
- Beneficial effect on the skin, stimulation of regeneration processes in the upper layers of the epidermis.
THE DISADVANTAGES OF SILK
- Needs special care;
- Does not tolerate washing in very hot water;
- Requires precision when ironing;
- Loses strength during prolonged exposure to ultraviolet radiation;
- Contaminated by liquid or sweat.
Despite the fact that silk products have several disadvantages, this fabric remains popular all over the world.
Quality silk is a delicate fabric that requires careful socks and gentle care. The main recommendations for silk care are the following:
- Wash by hand at a temperature not exceeding 30 ° C or in a machine in the “Delicate wash” or “Silk” mode;
- Do not use ordinary alkaline powder for washing: you must buy a cleaner with the inscription “for silk with quality”;
- Do not use bleach and fabric softener;
- Do not crush, twist or squeeze the material forcefully so as not to damage its structure;
- To dry a silk product, it is advisable to wrap it in a towel, let it absorb excess moisture, and then place it on a horizontal surface and let it dry;
- It is possible to iron silk in the Silk mode without steam, it is prohibited to iron a damp product;
- After washing, colored silk should be rinsed in cold water with the addition of vinegar (5 tablespoons of 9% vinegar per 10 liters of water).
If you properly care for quality silk products, they will serve you for many years.